Non-Profit Sector Appreciation Week
Bill 9, Non-Profit Sector Appreciation Week Act, 2021
The Province of Ontario proclaims the third week in February each year as Non-Profit Sector Appreciation Week recognizing Ontario’s non-profit sector as being a major contributor to innovation, job creation and the economy.
In excess of one million professionals province-wide focus on key community issues to deliver necessary services in many areas including mental and physical health, social equity, education, the arts, sports and recreation, the environment, child development and senior care.
The Ontario Non-profit Network website states the province’s 58,000 non-profits help to create healthy and thriving communities, and contribute $65 billion to the economy. The professionals who devote themselves to this sector are among the most reliable and enthusiastic workers in our province. Their public service deserves to be recognized and honoured.
Championed by MPP Daisy Wai and the Bhayana Family Foundation, Non-Profit Sector Appreciation Week is taking place February 13th to 19th, 2023.
“They are driven by vision and mission and carry out their responsibilities with a deep sense of pride, passion, and persistence. They are our Invisible Champions.” said MPP Daisy Wai when referring to the hundreds of thousands of volunteers that she refers to as being heroes in our communities.
Simcoe-Grey MPP Brian Saunderson’s office will proudly recognize the essential contributions of the many non-profit organizations in the riding by presenting congratulatory certificates of appreciation on behalf of the province:
- Alliston & District Humane Society – Everett
- Red Barn Wellness Farm – Loretto
- C.R.I.C. (Community Recreation Improvement Committee) – Tottenham
- Camphill Communities – Angus
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Alliston
- Community Living Association – Alliston
- CONTACT Community Services – Alliston
- Good Shepherd Food Bank – Alliston
- Jen’s Place Youth Services – Alliston
- My Sister’s Place – Alliston
- Random Acts of Kindness – Alliston
- S.H.I.F.T Support and Hope – Alliston
- Water First Education & Training – Creemore
- Beaver Valley Outreach – Thornbury/The Blue Mountains
- Clearview Community Theatre – Stayner
- Clearview Stayner Food Bank – Stayner
- Stayner Kinsmen
- The Collingwood Agricultural Society – Great Northern Exhibition – Stayner
- Barbara Weider House – Collingwood
- My Friend’s House – Collingwood
- The Rainbow Club of South Georgian Bay
- Environment Network – Collingwood
- Blue Mountain Foundation for the Arts – Collingwood
- E3 Community Services – Collingwood
- Georgian Good Food Box – Wasaga Beach
- Ministerial Food Bank – Wasaga Beach
- Wasaga Society for the Arts – Wasaga Beach
- Living Wish Foundation – Wasaga Beach